NUK Soothers, NUK Teats, NUK Baby Bottles, NUK Breast Milk Containers (MAPA GMBH)
Sixty years ago, with the design and development of the first jaw-compatibly formed soother, the foundation stone was laid for a brand that is still to this day focuses on the special needs of mothers and children. In past decades the know-how of the NUK brand has grown with every new generation and has become a unique wealth of experience.
NUK products are developed based on medical knowledge, but above all according to the experiences and know-how of mothers. This practical knowledge of many generations of mothers creates the additional NUK experience which distinguishes every NUK product and shall achieve one thing in particular: Make maternity the nicest time in life from the very beginning.
For NUK, being a German market leader in the baby care segment, it is especially important to be also leading in both quality and innovations.
Since January 2009 NUK products have been subject to continuous quality control by SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS, an independent and competent lab service provider. In order to protect the consumer legislation makes high demands on the manufacturer. However, NUK raises the bar even further for their own products and has the NUK soothers, NUK drinking bottles and NUK teats tested regularly and according to the strict requirements of SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS.
NUK GmbH of Zeven (Lower Saxony) is the first manufacturer of baby products in Germany that voluntarily submits their products to the demanding test criteria that are requirements for the INSTITUT FRESENIUS quality seal. When it comes to purchasing baby and toddler products, parents demand a great deal of product quality and product safety.
Essential components of the regular quality checks by SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS:
- Quality checks do not begin with the end product only. Raw materials and the entire production process are inspected by SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS as well.
- Comprehensive tests occur on site according to an agreed SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS quality test plan.
- The manufacturing sites also undergo specific certification and testing procedures. SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS thoroughly examines the entire production process as well as the quality assurance system.
- The products are subject to intensive analyses. They take the legal requirements into consideration as well as the additionally defined specifications by SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS.
- Among other things, the experts of SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS make sure that no unacceptable materials can be found in NUK products.
- NUK products are not just thoroughly tested in order to meet the high quality standards at the time when the quality seal is awarded. Regular checks as well as mystery shopping guarantee a maximum of transparency and security.
MAPA GmbH produces NUK brand baby articles in Zeven (Lower Saxony) and exports them to more than 90 countries.
Gummi- und Plastikwerke